Second Arrest Made After London Bombing

U.K. Terror threat level lowered to “Severe.”

U.K. authorities have arrested a 21-year-old man in connection to the bombing of a London subway that left 30 people injured. The arrested was made in the London suburb of Hounslow.

ISIS has taken responsibility for the attack, though U.K. authorities have not confirmed that claim.

U.K. Interior Minister Amber Rudd said, “It is inevitable that so-called Islamic State, or Daesh, will reach in and try to claim responsibility. We have no evidence to suggest that yet.”

However, the minister also said the government will have to look into how the suspect was “radicalized,” making it likely the government sees the attack as being once again motivated by a radical Islamist ideology.

Video: Footage of the potential bomber

Authorities earlier raided a home in Sunbury. According to Reuters, “Local media said the home belongs to a couple who have fostered hundreds of children, including refugees. The BBC said the couple, 88-year-old Ronald Jones and Penelope Jones, 71, had been honored by Queen Elizabeth for their work with children.”

There was also a search taking place in Surrey, near Heathrow Airport.

Until the recent arrest, Britain had been at the highest possible terror threat level, which was last invoked after the horrific radical Islamist bombing at an Ariana Grande concert.

Security in London remains high. As noted in a recent report, “On Saturday, armed police patrolled the streets near government departments in Westminster and guarded Premier League soccer grounds hosting matches.”

Spencer Fernando

Photo – YouTube

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments