VIDEO: Pentagon Briefing On Military Strikes In Syria

No additional attacks are planned at this time says US Defence Secretary James Mattis.

The U.S., Britain, and France have successfully completed military strikes against Syria’s chemical weapons capabilities, said the Pentagon in a briefing.

US Defence Secretary James Mattis and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford briefed the media shortly after US President Donald Trump spoke about the strikes.

The first targeted site was the Syrian Scientific Studies and Research Center. “The second target was a chemical weapons storage facility west of Homs, we assess that this was the primary location of Syrian sarin and precursor production equipment,” said Dunford.

Finally, a military command post/chemical weapons storage centre was struck.

Dunford said, “this wave of air strikes is over.”

Said Mattis, “Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. Together we have sent a clear message to Assad and his murderous lieutenants that they should not perpetrate another chemical weapons attack for which they will be held accountable.”

The briefing can be seen below:

Trump tweeted about the strikes on Saturday:

Spencer Fernando

Photo – YouTube