Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi claims responsibility for recent attacks in the West, including attacks in Canada.
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is calling for new attacks against Canada and the Western World, and says ISIS is claiming responsibility for recent attacks.
ISIS had previously claimed responsibility for the Toronto Danforth attack.
According to a report, “The leader of the Islamic State group has called for attacks on Canada and other Western countries in a new audio recording, the first attributed to him in nearly a year.
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi urged the group’s followers to respond to recent defeats by carrying out bombings, stabbings and vehicular attacks in his purported 55-minute speech titled “Give Glad Tidings to the Steadfast,” which was published by the group’s media wing on Wednesday.
“For the Mujahideen (holy warriors) the scale of victory or defeat is not dependent on a city or town being stolen or subject to that who has aerial superiority, intercontinental missiles or smart bombs,” al-Baghdadi said in the Arabic recording.”
What Baghdadi said is deeply disturbing, as he also called on ISIS members to “carry out the kind of strikes that terrorize the hearts and send the brains flying,” encouraging them to use guns, knives and bombs while reminding them to “not ignore running over people on the roads.”
This is a reminder that – despite the pathetic Trudeau government’s attempt to pretend that ISIS and terrorism doesn’t exist – Canada faces a real threat from Islamist terrorism, and we must ruthlessly deal with ISIS fighters in our midst (jail, execution, deportation), and massively increase our level of security to keep Canadians safe.