Over 230,000 people signed the petition against the Liberals attacks on law-abiding Canadian firearm owners.
Petition E-2574, initiated by Jesse Faszer and sponsored by Conservative MP Michelle Rempel, has become the most signed parliamentary petition in Canadian history.
The largest Parliamentary petition in Cdn history, e-2574, has closed and been certified with 230,905 signatures. Thank you to the Canadians who stood up in support of safer communities and against the confiscation of legally owned property. I can’t wait to officially table it! pic.twitter.com/JF9ns4cwXW
— Michelle Rempel Garner (@MichelleRempel) September 2, 2020
The petition, which pushes back on the Trudeau Liberal’s attack on law-abiding Canadian gun owners, received a whopping 230,905 signatures.
You can view the text of the petition below:
Petition to the Prime Minister
- The Prime Minister’s firearms confiscation regime, undemocratically imposed without debate during a pandemic while Parliament is suspended, is an assault on Canadian democracy;
- Canada already has stringent regulations and comprehensive legislation related to firearms ownership;
- Canada has millions of responsible, law-abiding firearms owners;
- Data shows that the confiscation regime would not stop firearms violence in Canada;
- The majority of firearms used in violent crimes are obtained illegally and/or are smuggled into Canada;
- Legal firearms owners are strong advocates for measures that will actually prevent firearms violence;
- Legal firearms owners in Canada are vetted on a daily basis through the CPIC system;
- The Prime Minister is using the emotion of the tragedy in Nova Scotia to impose this confiscation regime even though all of the firearms the murderer used were illegally obtained;
- The list of firearms to be confiscated is arbitrary and not based on functionality;
- “Assault rifles”, or fully automatic firearms, have been banned in Canada since 1977;
- Criminals who have illegally obtained firearms will not be impacted by this confiscation regime; and
- The federal government is abandoning evidenced-based decision making as it relates to preventing firearm violence.
We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Prime Minister to immediately scrap his government’s May 1, 2020, Order in Council decision related to confiscating legally owned firearms and instead pass legislation that will target criminals, stop the smuggling of firearms into Canada, go after those who illegally acquire firearms, and apologize to legal firearms owners in Canada.”
This is a clear sign of the views and the democratic will of the Canadian People.
It is a massive response to the injustices being perpetrated by the Liberals and corrupt elites, who are attacking law-abiding Canadian gun owners, while gang crime spirals out of control.
For example, six people were shot in Toronto at a bakery, in what is almost certainly a gang-related shooting. Yet, Toronto mayor John Tory has spent tons of time trying to take firearms away from law-abiding gun owners, rather than address the violence in his own city.
It’s time for politicians to stop the pathetic virtue-signalling, stop coddling criminals, stop attacking law-abiding gun owners, and start listening to the Canadian People.